Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Brain Metastatis Scare

The weekend after my last post I was really sick. My migraine developed a new symptom: every time I moved my eyes around I had a flash of white light and pain in my head. I also had a fever of 102 with chills. On Monday I called my GP for an appointment but they told me to go to the ER instead. I spent 7 hours at the ER. They put me on IV fluids and gave me morphine for the head pain. The ER doctor told us he was afraid it could be a breast cancer recurrence in my brain, and he didn't want me to leave til I had a brain MRI. He also went on to say that if it was brain mets, they would check me into the hospital that night. Miles and I spent the next few hours waiting and thinking there was a good chance I now had Stage IV cancer... that was a lot of fun. But I finally got the MRI and it was normal!!!!!! The ER sent me home with a prescription for Percocet and that was that.

2 comments:

M.'s Ramblings said...

oh my god, the post-chemo stage for you seems to be just as scary, and I think it's awful that you were directed to the ER. WTF!? The ER?
It just seems like your GP should have tried to get you in, no matter what. A lot could have happened in 7 hrs.

I am glad they didn't see anything else in the MRI. I hope you will begin to feel better and that these migraines will cease.

jane said...

I cannot imagine what you are going through. I am so glad you are okay and hope you start feeling better soon.