Monday, December 27, 2010

Banana Bandana


Christmas has come and gone, and it was very merry. Miles gave me the awesomest gift ever!!! We hosted it at our house with my brother, Miles' dad and cousin, and two real "real dogs"! Five adults, three real dogs and three cats - hooray! We had a Honey Baked Ham, along with baked chicken, sour cream mashies, stuffing, brown gravy and green beans. I was proud of choreographing dinner so well. Charlie had a super time and pooped himself out following Scout and Ruby around the house.

Isn't he the handsomest? He is growing up so much. We got him a blue bandana for Christmas, and it only increases the incredible essence of his handsomeness! We've taken him to the beach a bunch lately - it's so nice and empty these days because of the cold and the rain. He's learned several new games: catch-the-ball-in-the-air-when-we-bounce-it-super-high and jump-up-and-grab-the-stick. He's also been interested in the ocean lately, though he doesn't go past the whitewash yet (which my paranoid self is thankful for).

I had a follow-up mammogram last week, but I haven't heard back yet... but isn't no news good news? I also had a pelvic sonogram. Though I'm BRCA negative and therefore considered not at increased risk for ovarian cancer, my gynecologist said she still likes to keep an eye on it in particularly young breast cancer patients. So yeah, just one more thing to be anxious about.

My polysomnography test was a while back. That was pretty fun. It took less than five minutes to conk out even though I had fifteen wires attached to my head, face and nose, hah. I'll get the results in a week.

Vic Ruggiero is playing a solo show, I'm so excited!! That'll be fun and also a bit nostalgic.

No comments: