Thursday, February 16, 2012

For The Wynn!!


My mammogram came back without anything suspicious. Hooray! What next? I feel like I don't really have the urge these days to see my oncologist, which is such a change from when I couldn't wait for my 3-month check-up. Of course there is that part of my brain that is worried about feeling too complacent with my good health... but I try to tell that brain to be quiet. I've just started on serotonin pills to see if that will help quiet my obsessive-anxiety brain down. I saw a new therapist this week, and it was promising. She told me to eat potatoes before bed. I won't argue with that! She hopes to be able to help me with her 3-fold approach: cognitive/dietary/supplement therapy. I hope so.

It's been a nice few weeks. We celebrated K's fortieth birthday in style. We hung out with Brandy and Brad and showed them our backyard walking trail with the pups. We had a visit from family friends and went zinfandel & chocolate tasting. Life in Sonoma County is pretty darn nice, especially when it's winter but it feels like spring and sometimes summer. Miles learned that his colon is healthy and I feel relieved. We I had a great V-Day dinner at Zin in Healdsburg where we had one of the best appetizers of our lives... some sort of beef bowl with jalapeno cornbread sticks. And for V-Day Miles wrote me a romantic song about spraying watery doo doo. He is a very special dude and he is all mine and I love him!!!!!!

No comments: