Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hopefully feeling better soon...

So after feeling decent on my first day of chemo, I had a few crappy days. I self-injected Neulasta the day after, and that caused some bad feelings. Neulasta boosts my white blood cells, which normally drop with chemo. So for the past few days I've been incredibly achey all over, and I've also had severe restlessness. When I've been awake I've barely been able to sit still for even 30 minutes. I've been combating the restlessness by taking lots of Ativan and sleeping insane amounts each day. For example, today I woke up at Noon, ate food, slept from 2 to 5 p.m., ate food, slept from 6 to 11 p.m., and now I've been awake since (and possibly starting to feel normal). Earlier today I tried to go to Safeway with my Mom and FAILED, zero energy.

I'm looking forward to feeling more normal soon. I hope. It's been nice sleeping so much and not feeling guilty about it. Normally, I'd tend to feel like a huge loser sleeping so much, but I know that my body requires it of me right now.

Next Wednesday I get to see Dr. Awesome again!! I am so excited! He will be doing my port surgery that morning. I guess the technical term for it is my "port-a-cath," which I think sounds rather cool. It will give the nasty chemo drugs easy access to one of my larger chest veins, rather than having to mess around with the baby veins in my arm. I'm not really stoked on another surgery, but I am looking forward to seeing Dr. Awesome. :)

No comments: